Saint Pius the Tenth Parish Mission Statement
The Roman Catholic Parish of Saint Pius the Tenth in Greensboro, North Carolina
endeavors to know the Lord through the Gospel and our ministries of Formation, Education, and Evangelization,
love the Lord through our prayer and worship of Christ centered on His presence in the Holy Eucharist,
serve the Lord through our hospitality and our stewardship of the gifts entrusted to us,
that we may continue Christ’s work of charity and compassion.
Saturday Vigil 5:00 pm
Sunday 7:30, 9:00 & 11:30 am
DAILY MASSES (Chapel)
Monday: 7 a.m.
Tuesday: 7 a.m.
Thursday: 5:15 p.m.
Friday: 5:15 p.m.
First Saturday Mass 8:00 am
Sunday 9:00 am Mass
(Fall through Spring)
MOST HOLY DAYS of OBLIGATION
7:00 am, 12 Noon, 7:00 pm
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Saturdays 4:00 - 4:45 pm in Church
or by appointment
Phone office 272-4681 for more information
First Fridays, Noon to 5 pm & 6 to 7pm following daily Mass
Welcome to Saint Pius the Tenth
220 State Street
Greensboro, North Carolina 27408
PO BOX 13588
Greensboro, North Carolina 27415-3588
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4pm
Wednesday office closes at 12pm
Closed on Holy Days of Obligation & most federal holidays.
- Monsignor Anthony Marcaccio, Pastor
- Rev. Mr. Ron Steinkamp, Deacon
- Rev. Mr. Phil Cooper, Deacon
- Rev. Mr. Bill Shaw, Deacon
- Rev. Mr. Bob Morris, Deacon
- Mr. Derek Rotty, Director of Faith Formation
- Mrs. Chelsea Evett, Youth Minister
- Mrs. Patricia Spivey, Pastoral Associate
- Mrs. Anne Knapke, M.Ed, School Principal
- Mrs. Ann Flynt, Assistant Principal
- Mrs. Sallie Kelton, Music Minister
- Mr. Brian Otter, Assistant Music Minister / Handbell Director
- Mrs. Carolyn Painley, Community Life Coordinator
- Mr. Glenn Spivey, Seniors Minister
- Mrs. Liz Pendergrass, Administrative Assistant
- Mrs. Wendy Barber, Administrative Assistant
- Mrs. Maureen Schwoyer, Receptionist
- Ms. Natasha McNair, Nursery Coordinator
Latest Catholic News
08/03/15 11:09 am
The Bishops of Kenya have called for a general boycott of an upcoming vaccination campaign, saying that it should not go forward unless there is further scientific testing.
The vaccines, which is sponsored by the World Health Organization and UNICEF, was scheduled to begin around the country on August 1. However...Read More
08/03/15 10:19 am
Pope Francis sent his blessing to the participants in the Inter-University Congress on âSaint Teresa of Jesus, Teacher of Life.â
The website of the Congress, was held from August 1-3, states that its main objective is to bring the University public close to the figure of the âSaint of Avilaâ to reflect on Teresi...Read More
08/03/15 9:26 am
The papal altar where Pope Francis celebrated his first Mass in Ecuador will serve a parish church.
According to Fides, the infrastructure used for the Eucharistic Celebration presided over by the Argentine PontiffÂ during his recent pastoral visit to Guayaquil will beÂ a new parish church centerÂ for two districts...Read More
We Gather Login
Celebrating Youth Stewardship
"I am just a kid. What can I do?" Our young people are involved in many areas of stewardship.
Visit HERE to see how the Youth of St Pius X are making a difference in our community. Youth envelopes are available in the Baptistry and in the parish and school office.
A Place to Gather and Grow
Groundbreaking of the DeJoy Primary Education Center
"Making a Place to Gather and Grow" for the youngest members of our community.
For more information and photos, visit HERE
Readings for the Week of August 2, 2015
- Sunday: Ex 16:2-4, 12-15 / Eph 4:17, 20-24 / Jn 6:24-35
- Monday: Nm 11:4b-15 / Mt 14:13-21
- Tuesday: Nm 12:1-13 / Mt 14:22-36 or 15:1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Nm 13:1-2, 25--14:1, 26-29a, 34-35 / Mt 15:21-28
- Thursday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mk 9:2-10
- Friday: Dt 4:32-40 / Mt 16:24-28
- Saturday: Dt 6:4-13 / Mt 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:4-8 / Eph 4:30--5:2 / Jn 6:41-51